Senior Care: Home Health Care Services for the areas in and around Clearwater, Hillsborough County, Largo, Pasco and Pinellas County, St Petersburg and Tampa, FL
Our approach focuses on activity based care. Our staff is trained to engage your elder’s mind, body, and spirit. Our approach means our team of nurses and caregivers and managers ensure your family member’s quality of life remains high so they can stay in their homes, where they can live independently, under their own rules, with the dignity they’ve enjoyed all their lives. Whether you need help a few hours each week or around-the-clock care, Bayshore Home Care believes in “home care your way.”
We call our approach Independence by your design.
What you can expect:
Wellness & Personal Assistance
- Personal hygiene assistance & in home spa services
- Exercise planning and assistance
- Companionship, errands and grocery shopping
- Nutritionally based meal planning & preparation
- Assist with managing household maintenance
- Respite: a break for the family caregiver
Social & Mental Enrichment
- Introduce mentally stimulating activities based on client’s likes and interests
- Accompany to sporting events, theater & other outings of interest
- Escort to weddings, social events & family gatherings
Health Care Management
- Status reports provided to family members and guardians
- Medication management
- Accompany to medical appointments
- Manage transition from hospital to home
- Uphold compliance of care plans and medication; reducing hospitalizations
- Ongoing communication between family, health & financial representatives
Home Care Services:
Our Home Health Care experts provide home care assistance in and around Pinellas County.
Personal Care Assistance
With over 3 decades serving Pasco County, Pinellas County and Hillsborough County, Bayshore Home Care is one the most experienced home care assistance providers in Florida. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to remain independently in their home, and that is why our home health aides provide the personal care assistance necessary to ensure our client’s health and dignity. We recognize that everyone’s needs and level of functioning are unique, which is why we custom tailor our services to each individual we serve. Plus, our skilled caregivers offer an array of home care assistance services, so as your needs change, we can adapt to meet them.
Our services include:
Fall Risk Intervention — Elderly or recovering patients are at risk for falling or re-injury if not properly assisted. At Bayshore Home Care, our experienced home health aides are trained to provide assistance with walking and transferring to and from bed to chair or mobility aid. They can also help patients uphold exercise plans to improve and maintain mobility and flexibility.
Personal Care — Proper hygiene is not only an important part of maintaining physical and mental health, but it also promotes a sense of well-being and dignity. Our caregivers are here to provide assistance with bathing, dressing, toileting and grooming for those who experience difficulty managing their own personal care. We understand the sensitivity that comes with this level of home care assistance, and our caregivers are make every effort to provide a safe and comfortable environment for personal care.
Medication Reminders — Taking prescribed medication at the appropriate time is vital for maintaining health and wellness, however remembering to take it can be difficult. Our caregivers can keep track of what medications need to be taken and when, providing gentle reminders when necessary.
Homemaking & Companionship — While remaining comfortable in the home is the goal of our clients, maintaining daily household tasks can be cumbersome. From light housekeeping and meal preparation to running errands and laundry, we can provide you with the assistance you need to enjoy a clean and relaxing home environment.
Respite Care — Caring for a loved one is both rewarding and challenging. Since everyone needs a break and time to take care of themselves from time to time, Bayshore Home Care is pleased to offer respite care, allowing family caregivers to enjoy some time to relax.
Companionship & Homemaking Services
At Bayshore Home Care, we provide companionship for the elderly, and an array of other in home care services for seniors. From playing games and engaging in friendly conversation to providing assistance with household duties, Bayshore Home Care is at your service! We are pleased to provide our services to individuals throughout Clearwater, Tampa, St Petersburg, Largo, FL and the surrounding communities. Whatever level of care you require, our experienced and compassionate caregivers are dedicated to helping you or your loved one maintain their independence and allow them to comfortably stay in their own home. In fact, our companions for seniors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
In Home Companions Services Include:
- Laundry and Light Housekeeping — Maintaining a neat and tidy household can be hard work, especially if mobility is an issue. At Bayshore Home Care, we can provide you with assistance managing daily tasks, so you can enjoy a clean and comfortable home environment.
- Transportation — Whether it is a medical appointment, religious service, shopping or just visiting with family and friends, our caregivers can provide you with the safe, convenient transportation services you need, when you need them. So, you can sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
- Meal Preparation — With Bayshore’s in home care services, you can enjoy healthy, nutritious and delicious meals prepared for you in your own home! Proper diet is an important part of maintaining health, and our companions can provide you with the meal preparation services you need to meet your doctor or nutritionist’s recommendations.
- Errands and Shopping — Companionship extends beyond the home with Bayshore Home Care! Our caregivers can handle many of your errands for you or provide you with assistance shopping.
- Pet Care — Our furry friends can really brighten our day, but caring for them can be difficult. At Bayshore Home Care, our companions will be happy to handle feeding, walks / emptying the litter box or other pet care duties. We know your pet is an important part of your family, and we are here to help.
- Home Companionship — Everyone could use a little companionship, and our caring and friendly caregivers truly enjoy spending time with our clients. We take the time to get to know you and provide you with the personal one-on-one attention you deserve.
* Minimum service required: 1 hour per week or 4 hours per month
Home Health Aide Services
- All of the above services
- Personal care assistance: bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, and more
- Respite Care: a break for a family caregiver
- Medication reminders
* Minimum service required: 1 hour per week or 4 hours per month
Medication Management Services
At Bayshore Home Care we provide a nurse-supervised medication management system that allows our elderly patient to maintain their health effectively and efficiently.
- Weekly visit to fill medication box
- Manage prescriptions and verify with physicians
- Communicate with physicians regarding client’s medical status
- Uphold safety and medial compliance, reduce hospitalizations
- Weekly RN / LPN Visits
- Organize and Set-up Seven Day Medication Box
- Daily Medication Management Reminders
- Inventory of Medications, Including Re-ordering
- Confer with Physicians
Skilled Nursing Visits
- Wellness assessment
- Post hospital assessment
- Communicate status & recommendations to concerned Family
Nursing Case Management & Client Advocacy
Case management is especially important if your loved one is geographically separated from you or if you feel like your loved one needs additional healthcare supervision but you are not sure where to start. Case Managers specialize in assessing medical and non-medical needs and coordinating the appropriate services to make sure their client’s receive the care and services most suitable for their unique situation.
The clinical expertise of our case managers provides peace of mind to our clients and their family members as we consult on key factors in senior care.
- Monitor well-being of client
- Consult with client’s physician or family to address health concerns
- Provide recommendations for additional support services as needed
- Facilitate referrals to supportive community services
- Coordinate multiple healthcare services for clients’s comfort and safety
- Clients are not required to take advantage of home care services in order to receive case management services
- Provide education and coaching to families or clients on specific disease management
- Uphold compliance of care plans and medications; reducing hospitalizations
With over 30 years serving Clearwater, Tampa, St Petersburg, Largo, FL and the surrounding areas, Bayshore Home Care has earned a reputation as the name to know for exceptional senior care and home health care services. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your unique needs so we can customize our services just for you. Please contact us today to get started. We look forward to serving all of your senior care needs.