If you’re considering in home care for yourself or your loved one you may be unsure of where to start. Below you will find some questions that are helpful when you are speaking with representatives from home care agencies. The answers to these questions will help you zero in on who will be the best fit for you and your family members.
- What type of licensure do you have?
- Are your caregivers insured?
- What is your hiring and screening process for caregivers?
- How do you oversee the caregivers?
- Is there a contract for services?
- Do you have a minimum number of service hours required?
- Do you provide 24 hour care?
- Do rates change on weekends and after business hours?
- How often can I change my loved ones care schedule?
- What happens if my caregiver is late, calls off or does not show up?
- Is someone on-call 24/7?
If you need more background information on private duty home care before you really begin your search, check out these 2 minute tips.